International Congress on Sustainability Science & Engineering (ICOSSE '19)
Call for Abstracts
Submit your abstract to these and other areas of sustainability. Submissions are sought for oral, poster, and rapid fire presentations.
- Sustainable technologies development
- Renewable energy
- Circular economy
- Food, energy and water nexus
- Biomass conversion and utilization
- Waste handling, management and minimization
Environmental Progress & Sustainable Energy
Read the Latest Research and Submit Your Work
Environmental Progress & Sustainable Energy is a publication of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AlChE) reporting on critical issues of the environment, including remediation and treatment of solid or aqueous wastes, air pollution, sustainability, and sustainable energy.
- Dominic Foo, Institution of Engineers, Malaysia
- Hon Loong Lam, University of Nottingham, Malaysia
- Irina Belozerova, Intel, USA
- Mahmoud El-Halwagi, Texas A&M University, USA
- Yinlun Huang, Wayne State University, USA
- Jae W. Lee, KAIST, South Korea
- Jeffrey Seay, University of Kentucky, USA
- Eric Tan, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, USA
- David Thompson, Idaho National Lab, USA
- Fengqi You, Cornell University, USA
- Suzana Yusop, University Teknologi Petronas, Malaysia
International Advisory Committee:
- Ofélia de Q. F. Araújo, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Ana Carvalho, University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Soledad Diaz, Plapiqui-Bahia Blanca, Argentina
- Antonio Dominguez-Ramos, Unican, Spain
- Joost Duflou, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
- Neven Duic, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Jinlong Gong, Tianjin University, China
- Dale Keairns, Deloitte, USA
- Chong Meng Nan, Monash University, Australia
- Tushar Poddar, Singapore
- Jose Maria Ponce Ortega, University of Hidalgo, Mexico
- Rossi Setchi, Cardiff University, United Kingdom
- Subhas Sikdar, US Environmental Protection Agency (retired), USA
- Raymond Smith, US Environmental Protection Agency, USA
- Rajagopalan Srinivasan, Indian Institute of Technology, India
- John Woodley, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Fu Zhao, Purdue University, USA
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
The Institution of Engineers, Malaysia (IEM)
Subscribe to the conference mailing list here.
Dr. Nishanth Chemmangattuvalappil is an Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering in the department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering at University of Nottingham Malaysia. He is also the director of sustainable process integration group of the environmental research division of university of Nottingham, Malaysia campus.
He received his PhD in Chemical Engineering from Auburn University, AL, USA (2010). He worked as a Post-doctoral fellow at University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA and later at Auburn University. His main areas of expertise include product and molecular...Read more
Dr. Ram Ramanan is proficient in industrial environmental, health & safety, and sustainability with over thirty years of management experience in compliance, risk mitigation, sustainability, ethics, ESG metrics and CSR. His diverse background includes global management and advocacy roles in corporate (ExxonMobil), consulting (AECOM, ICF), and academic (Illinois Institute of Technology Stuart School of Business & Desert Research Institute) environments. He is the current chair of the AWMA Sustainability Technical Coordinating Committee and a member of the editorial review board of...Read more
Raymond R. Tan is a professor of chemical engineering, University Fellow and current Vice-Chancellor for Research and Innovation at De La Salle University, Manila, Philippines. He is also an Academician of the Philippine National Academy of Science and Technology (NAST).
His research focuses on the development of novel computational techniques for the design of sustainable industrial systems. In particular, he is the co-developer of carbon emissions pinch analysis (CEPA) methodology, and is also a leading authority in specialized process systems engineering (PSE) and process...Read more
Fengqi You is the Roxanne E. and Michael J. Zak Professor at Cornell University, and is affiliated with the Smith School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, the School of Operations Research and Information Engineering, and the Systems Engineering Program.Read more
Professor Dr Suzana Yusup, is the Head of the Center for Biofuel and Biochemical Research and is a Professor at Chemical Engineering Department, Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Malaysia.
Her research interest is in the area of biomass conversion to fuel and biochemicals, material development and green processes. Professor Dr Suzana Yusup has authored one book, 16 book chapters, more than 200 articles in high impact factor journals and conference papers, 16 patents and 3 granted patents with cumulative citation number of 2210 and h-index of 32 (Sources: Scopus).
Among her...Read more