The urgent need for more sustainable products and processes is a huge opportunity for innovation. At ICOSSE´17 we will discuss the trends towards greater sustainability that are driving innovation, and present the latest in new sustainable process technologies.
At the Congress we will exchange ideas about ways and means of protecting the environment and using resources sustainably. We will talk about the new tools needed to understand and analyze the issues. ICOSSE’17 provides a common platform for researchers and practitioners from physical and ecological sciences, engineering and commercial worlds to discuss the challenges and identify solutions.
ICOSSE´17 is organized together with the 10th World Congress of Chemical Engineering, the 11th European Congress of Chemical Engineering, and many associated scientific and industrial events, including EXPOQUIMIA, the second largest European Exhibition for the Chemical Industry. This offers you unique opportunities to explore new synergies and to see how sustainable engineering can solve mainstream problems. Read more
Key Topics in Sustainability
ICOSSE '17 will focus on these and other key topics in sustainability:
- The transition to sustainable living
- The Food-Energy-Water nexus in cities and rural environments
- New business models: the circular economy, industrial ecology
- Sustainable technologies in manufacturing and processing industries
- More sustainable use of natural resources
- Reduction of environmental impacts
- Innovative process technologies
- Bringing sustainability to the mainstream
- Sustainability and life-long learning approaches
- Analysis, modelling and assessment of sustainability: tools and techniques
- Identifying and valuing eco-system services